Thursday, July 31, 2008

Learning to hold back....


Last night, I re-met an old friend of mine's son. I found out just recently that my old friend had died a few years back, and I wanted to see his family. He had been a close friend over 30 years ago, and time and family and life just seemed to bring distance...and then I heard nothing for quite a few years... until, after running into a mutual friend, I found out the unthinkable..that my old dear friend had died.

So I went to see his son. I wanted to say soo much...and being a rather overwhelming personality at times, I knew I had to hold back...take it easy..learn to listen.

Now this is not easy for me...I am the same one that cant wait until Christmas to give gifts..or if there is exceptionally good news, be sure that I will be the one to break it to everyone first..

I am impatient.

My husband says I have bad timing..I just dont know how to hold back...


So this is summer...and it is the time that I find LOADS of photos..I mean I dig through every nook and cranny, sale, auctions..you name it..i am there....hunting for the incredible items..

so NOW, I have a FULL photo room..it is soo full of treasures and I am SOO eager to show everyone..i want to list them all NOW..not wait..not hold back... I want to go..LOOK AT THIS!!!

but it is summer...which means that many of my special customers are on vacation..and it is not the time when we cocoon and want to hunt through ebay to find treasures..this is the time to make memories..and enjoy the outdoors ....and our moments in the sun...it is all too short and we need to enjoy it!.....

So i am trying...

to hold back....

hmmmm

it isnt easy.....

cathi

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation