Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sometimes..you just have to create....

Do you ever feel like there are days that you just wake up and it seems that everything kind of goes wrong? Today, was one of those days for me. I have been taking care of my 91 year old mom and she has been falling lately. Her skin is real fragile and I have learned to be a nurse these days. Well, last night late, we were called to the retirement center she is in to tell us that she fell. We ran right over and the paramedics were there..but she did not want to go to the hospital so we bandaged her up..and made sure she was fine.

This morning..I was just out of sorts...maybe it was the fall the night before..or some frustrating phone calls...but nothing seemed to help. and i was just not my normal self....
So I began to list photos..and listed some of my favorite color tinted ones..I love color tinted photos, I think they are so underated and always really affordable..and they make GREAT art projects..

Then it hit me...I hadnt taken any time out for myself...and done anything creative..today it had been all take care of my family (hubby and kids) ..take care of my mom...take care of the guests that stopped by...you know how it goes... it was one of those days...where life was full..and i didnt have the "thing" you need to get through some of the difficulties...

so i opened up photoshop and created this:



Not sure what I will do with this yet..but it was fun....
and I remembered...
sometimes you just have to create...
that and have a good night sleep...
things will look brighter in the morning....

Cathi

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation