Saturday, August 23, 2008

Confessions of a photoholic....

So I have 4 children, but in the last year, me and the hubby are currently empty nesters...the youngest just left for college, the others have begun lives of their own...and we have a large home.
so I took over one of my daughters rooms....and made it MY PHOTO ROOM. I used to have a photo corner, then i had a photo "half a room", and now I have a full blown photo room...and it is quite large..and it has closets..and...well ...you get the idea...i have SO many photos...

now I am QUITE picky on what I list..I try to only auction top quality OR unique images..
so I can spend hours in my photo room deciding what to sell... so although there is order..I love to go in and hunt through all my things..and yes, sometimes things are left out as i am going thru them...

so it is summer..and ...this is the time that i buy for the year ahead..always have..this is the time of year when there are all sorts of auctions, estate sales and so on...and this is the time..for the room to get FULL ...
(and boy is it FULL!!)

so i went to iowa for 2 days and we HAD to stop at a sale along the way...and what do you think they had....PHOTOS..loads of them...so we (we..? ok maybe I) had to get them ....then while we were in Iowa we were cleaning out a home for a family member and what do you think i found...PHOTOS...loads of them...and then on the way back to Chicago..I found another estate and what do you think I got???....you guessed it ...PHOTOS... loads of them... so i had to ask the hubby to carry all the boxes upstairs and he said...CATHI...you have SOO MANY PHOTOS...

where do i even put these boxes??

(but look at these how can you RESIST these???)

How can I turn any of these beauties away?.....they are all so wonderful for so many reasons.....NOW DONT GET ME WRONG, I DO NOT LIKE the faded ones, the dirty ones, or the torn ones.. (and yes, I weed them out and even throw them out and get rid of those that arent top quality or very unique) .....but lately i have found some of the most beautiful images EVER and such quality found in out of the way places......Like this beautiful cabinet photo..or an incredible 1914 image of women in a car (like what is at the top of this post) oh... how can you not bring that back home with you.........and look at it..and even dream about the stories these photos must have had....

and so it is with a photoholic...

when is enough enough....? in my case...i have never had enough of photos..not now...not in the past 40+ years ...so at least i have a room....

it is a large room...with 2 closets.......and those closets arent quite full.....yet..............

cathi

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation