Sunday, October 18, 2009

Gazing into a pond....

Lately I have been finding some awesome photos....
soo many that are almost HURTING to let them go...............

this one is EXCEPTIONAL!...
1920s...incredible costume...design...really wonderful...
(and for sale this week on ebay!)

....anyway...this photo kind of reminds me of when my kids were going to be brownies...I of course was a brownie leader and my girls were SO excited when it was their turn to be brownies..

anyhow..there was this ceremony where we put this mirror on the floor...decorated it of course..and then took the girls and turned them around...and we all said:

"Twist me and turn me and show me the elf:

I looked in the pond and I saw.......

MYSELF"


Then we would pin the brownie pin on them..and they were to become brownies...full of good deeds and loads of fun meetings...


so...every time..i look at this photo, i keep thinking of this song...

ok.....this is NOTHING like this photo(she HARDLY looks like a brownie...)...but hey.............all photos provoke memories ..eh???

Have a great week!!
cathi

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation