Sunday, November 1, 2009

Edith Mason's beautiful portrait............

Well this is my recent photo crush!
I must admit, when I found this photo....I couldn't even begin to think of listing it...
so it sat happily in my BEAUTIFUL STUFF I DONT WANT TO PART WITH pile.

but... this IS my business...soo.....

I researched the photo...and found out that this beautiful 1920s photo was none other than EDITH MASON...a wonderful opera singer that sang in the Chicago Opera in 1921.
(this photograph was done in Chicago)

And if you go to youtube you can hear her beautiful voice...

what is really unusual about this photo is, that I have a large collection of twin dancers...the only collection I do not let myself part with...and it is quite extensive. Anyhow..these girls named Velma and Selma danced with the Chicago Opera company in 1921.

Meaning ...they knew our Edith....
I have loads of photos of them traveling with the opera company...now is Edith in one of those photos?

What a unique time ...1920s...when the world was so exciting..full of new adventure..so many changes in technology...so many changes in the world....

love that era....

Have a great photo week....and enjoy Edith...........

cathi

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation