Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fun photos from Vaudveville era...


I have recently fallen IN LOVE with old 1900s-1920s Vaudeville/performers photos..
It is the costumes...the styles..you name it..I love it!

It all stated a few years ago when I was looking up something on ebay and ran across photos that were simply stunning. It was being sold by someone who loved beautiful portraits...and I had never seen anything like it in my life.. they were women of the 1920s...stars and unknowns in simply Glamorous photos!

then...not long after that..I ran into a HUGE estate of a set of twin dancers...
and I bought it...

All of it...

and then i had to begin to sell off some of my other collections..because..well, you cant keep everything...

well...then i was hooked..
old photos from dance and vaudeville eras were beautiful!! i mean some are funny...
and some were incredible...and
well you know they wont be around forever...
and i began to hunt for them...and hunt and hunt...
even went into an abandoned house in Chicago and found a batch..Now that is hunting!

like this one here that is listed above this..
it is from a family collection that were in vaudeville and this is early 1900s..
how cute is this photo!!

anyhow...you will see more and more of this era on Chatham Ho treasures this fall and holiday..

and maybe you will fall in love with them too...........................

or not...

thats ok...
cuz i can always ad more to my collection...
smile!

cathi

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation