Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The signs of the times & Vintage photos

" after watching the news all day and night"

I must confess, I have been watching the news all the time these days...
lately, it is as though we are watching history in every way...the good, the bad, and the ugly...
Now, I know that this is not a forum to talk about politics, and I am not going to do so..
but what is happening in the economy really reminds me of a time that was not so long ago..
back in the 30s...

Every day...I look at photos from the past...and from looking at them....it encourages me... strange, I guess....but I think it is because when I look at these old faces, I see people who went through similar struggles..
who made it through...
who tightened their belts...and learned big lessons..

heres to new lessons (or old ones relearned) ...beautiful photos...
and hope for the future....
cathi

1 comment:

footnoteMaven said...

This is the best non-political political solution I've read. Cathi - you've given us all hope!

Thank you!

fM

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation