Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's all about that child..................


Another year slips by. We come again to the time to remember that, when we have nothing to offer, He comes. A defenseless child comes to bear the weight of our struggles…impossible but true. God acknowledges that I cannot help myself in the most important issues of life, but He can. He sends His Son because I have no hope without Him. He sends His Son because I cannot. What an unthinkable celebration! We celebrate being small, being cared for, being relieved of our burden. It seems to me that every other holiday requires something of us, celebrates something we have done…but not Christmas. These days exalt our inability and His total sufficiency. We give gifts not because we have so much but in order to remember we have nothing at all. He had to give us the gift of life and there was no exchange. I have nothing to give back. Christmas is about receiving not giving. My prayer for you is that you can enter into the season with this wonderful truth in mind. It is all about Him giving to us and we rest and receive. Emmanuel! All of life in one word… God is with us. Merry Christmas!


Many blessings to all of you!!!


cathi


No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation