Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Glamour of the 40s...



A few months ago, I found a collection of 40s photos of young women...all dolled up..in costume, hair and makeup just for a photo shoot.
Well, I ended up with loads of these photos..all 5x7 and through the months have been selling them...

then after many estate sales, and auctions, I haven't really looked at them in awhile..
so yesterday, I decided I HAD to get organized..and found the remaining grouping of these pretty treasures...

on auction this week on ebay...I decided to sell the last of them...
All I could think of was years ago, when I owned a store, I used to have many of the gals who worked for us~ model and take photos
well..they loved it...that is when the joy of being a girl...all the makeup and hair can be soo fun...

when i looked at these old photos..that is all I could think of...a group of giggling girls getting all dolled up for their famous photo shoot...

that is now being auctioned off...65 years later...

thanks for looking!!

cathi

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation