Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The update and passing of my mom...


Old Photos of Fran......my beloved mom
After the last post, I had just run home to change clothing, my daughter and I had been at her bedside ...After posting, the phone rang and my daughter told me she had taken a turn for the worse.
For the next 2 hours we were in her room with soft lights and classical music. We were able to caress her hair, telling her how much we loved her, and pray thankful prayers with her...
it was a room filled with peace and love...
She breathed her last in that room of love....and I know that is a gift not just to her but to us as well. just as I was able to tell her again how much i loved her..she tilted her head slightly towards me and died.
At this moment the grief is so deep, that I find sleeping difficult...but I know that she lived a rich full life and living that life well is the lesson she taught us...embracing the moments we have together is something that I learned this year...as this past year of difficulty was a true gift of close moments with a mother and a daughter.
Thanks for listening....
cathi

5 comments:

Malisa said...

Bless you! I cannot think of a more peaceful, beautiful transition you provided for your Mom! Looks like an amazing Mamma created an amazing daughter! While the hurt will be with you for a while, the beautiful memories will be there forever!
You and your daughter are in my thoughts and prayers!

Malisa

hb said...

Mom, I love you so much.

Sandra said...

Dear Cathi, my heart breaks for you. May you find peace at this very difficult time. My prayers are with you. Love, Sandra

footnoteMaven said...

Cathi:

I'm sorry I'm so late to comment, but I was away taking care of my 92 yr. old FIL.

My heart goes out to you. You are a wonderful person and daughter.

The scripture from your last post "the day of death is better than the day of birth" should be of some comfort to you, as it was a sign from God.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

-fM/Linda

SteveHL said...

Cathi:

I have purchased items from you on eBay but today is the first time I have read your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I hope that as time passes you can take comfort in your memories of her.

The best to you and your family in the New Year.

Steve

 
Free Blog CounterEnglish German Translation